YOUR CALIFORNIA GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE HUB
Summary Of The California Group Health Insurance Market
Small Group health insurance is currently available from 1 life up to 100 in California.
This is the market place for employers who want to offer health benefits to their employees, owners, and officers as a qualified tax write off.
Group health is also affected by the ACA law significantly since Jan 1st 2014 which we’ll discuss.
You can always run your quote here:
Key Points For California Group Health Insurance:
- Group health is guaranteed issue regardless of health and the carriers can not increase premium based on health or size of group.
- To qualify, groups need to enroll 75% of eligible people, pay 50% of employee premium, and have at least 1 person (not owner or spouse) on payroll for 1/2 of prior calendar quarter.
Some carriers have special offers for participation requirements.
- Employers have choice to offer to part timer (below 30 hours weekly) or not.
- Most carriers offer ability to offer many plan options to each employee and allow employer ability to fix contribution amount to dollar amount or % of plan.
- Group health plans tend to be richer in benefits but more expensive. There’s a wide range of HMO’s (still competitive), PPO’s, HSA’s, and HRA’s.
- The dominant carriers in the California group health market are Kaiser, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, United, Aetna, Health Net, and Pacificare.
- The rates are standardized so the rates you see in our instant quote are best available.
- Most changes can be made at anniversary date (original sign up month).
- The contract is month to month with no long term requirement.
- Cobra is a set of laws which offer continuation of coverage options to employees that leave the health plan in certain situations (termination, loss of hours, etc).
ACA Health Law Changes On Group Market
- Plans are now standardized along 4 levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum
- Small Group has increased to 100 lives
- There are Group Tax Credits available. Contact us to see if you are eligible
- There are penalties for paying for individual/family plans on behalf of your employees
- There are penalties for not offering health insurance to employees based on size of company
You can access the online application here:
Critical Pages For California Group Health:
Eligibility requirements for California group health
How to choose a California group health plan
Group health for a new company
Does it make sense to shop Group health insurance often?
Quickly Quote and Compare California group health plans side by side
Additional Reading for California Group Health Insurance:
California Workers Comp Insurance
Minimum Value Notifications for California companies
RAF going way for California companies health reform change coming
Early Group Renewal for 2014 (Pump fake)
Group health penalty Will companies drop group health and take the penalty under reform?
Out of State Employees How do Group health plans handle Out of State Employees
Part Time Employees How are part time employees handled
Dual Coverage Dual coverage under two company insurance plans
Group Dental Introduction to Group dental insurance in California
Kaiser Small Group Group health insurance options from Kaiser of California
Vision Insurance Vision coverage for your California group benefits
California company size How company size affects your Group health insurance options
Group insurance eligibility Three main requirements for groups to qualify
How to Choose Group Plan Important tips to consider when choosing group coverage
New Company enrollment What issues arise when new Companies need health benefits
Part Time Employees Group health insurance eligibility for
Anthem Blue Cross Group Underwriting What are the rules for Blue Cross group eligibility?
Premium Only Plan or POP Let employees pay premium with pre-tax money
1099 Contract workers How Group health plans work with 1099 contract workers
Guaranteed Issue What does Guaranteed Issue mean for your Small Group health plan?
Annual Renewal How does the annual renewal affect your group health plan
Blue Cross EmployeeElect large group flexibility for your Small Group health benefits
Family Business health insurance What plan works best for the “Mom and Pop” business
Shopping for group health What to consider when shopping for group health plans
Value of Dental and Vision plans Why employees like their dental and vision benefits
Benefits Small Group health plan from Blue Cross Low cost plan suite from Blue Cross
California group health insurance General introduction to Small Group
Why offer Small Group California health benefits Benefits are an important step for your company
Group health insurance Guide to how Small Group works
California Small Group RAF or Risk Adjustment Factor How it affects your rates
Guide to Understanding group health coverage
Why purchase a health plan for your California company Important considerations
California Employer Application A quick walk-through the employer app
Shopping Group health market Tips for narrowing the options
You can run your California Group Health Plan Quote here to view rates and plans side by side from the major carriers…Free.
Again, there is absolutely no cost to you for our services. Call 800-320-6269 Today!