ARE THERE NON-RELIGIOUS OR SECULAR HEALTH CARE SHARING PLANS?
UPDATE: Trinity HealthShare plans are now fully converted to Trinity HealthShare through Ensurian. The plan designs, networks, and options are the similar. Trinity HealthShare was the underlying health care company and this change streamlines the process.
In fact, our favorite health sharing company is the closest.
Trinity Healthshare simply requires a Statement of Beliefs for Qualification
More importantly, it’s stronger than the other six in the ways that really matter.
Let’s take a look at the following:
Let’s get started!
You can always run your Trinity HealthShare quote and check the enrollment guidelines:
Quick Overview Of Non-Religious And Religious Health Sharing Companies
There are six companies that have been designated as health sharing ministries:
- Christian Health Ministries
- Samaritan Ministries
- Liberty HealthShares
- Trinity Healthshare (AlieraCare was formerly the administrator)
- Altrua HealthShare
Of the six, Trinity Healthshare is the most flexible and closest to secular health sharing.
You can get a detail comparison of the health share plans here.
It’s the closest to non-religious both in terms of the statements required and who they offer the coverage to.
Keep in mind that in order to get the exemptions of a health sharing company (such as Trinity HealthShare), there has to be some degree of religiosity.
It’s literally based on a religious exemption!
Individuals who choose to enroll in a health care sharing ministry plan receive a waiver from the individual tax penalty! (coming back in California for 2020)
This exemption is what translates into much lower rates to the members.
Trinity Healthshare meets these requirements with the simple Statement of Beliefs listed below
Where some of the health sharing companies are specific to certain faiths, Trinity HealthShare is not.
It’s open to any faith or belief really.
In fact, it doesn’t require enrollees to specify a faith or pledge to a specific faith. They do have to agree to the Statement of Beliefs below.
Though not secular, essentially it functions the same to the member.
How do they determine eligibility?
It requires a 5 part statement of beliefs to enroll.
Let’s look at it.
The Trinity Healthshare Statement Of Beliefs.
Here it is.
Members must agree to the following Statement of Beliefs to qualify for Trinity HealthShare:
- We believe that our personal rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed on us by God.
- We believe every individual has a fundamental religious right to worship God in his or her own way.
- We believe it is our moral and ethical obligation to assist our fellow man when they are in need, according to our available resources and opportunity.
- We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors, or habits that produce sickness or disease to ourselves or others.
- We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare, in consultation with physicians, family, or other valued advisors.
On the application, you accept this statement and you can enroll.
Some of other health sharing companies are very strict.
One will even call your church to verify you are a member.
They also can cancel coverage if their specific lifestyle tenants are broken.
We don’t like this.
Regardless of faith, it’s a bad precedent to be able to cancel coverage for extraneous reasons.
It goes against the concept of protecting from health care expenses.
Who Can Enroll In Trinity HealthShare?
It’s pretty open and inclusive.
- As long as you can accept the Statement of Beliefs above, we should be fine.
- Trinity HealthShare doesn’t scrutinize your religious or lifestyle histories.
- They don’t check with a church or spy on your habits at home.
Again, it’s the most flexible and open-minded qualification for the health sharing plans.
- They are open to unmarried couples.
- They are open to same sex couples.
- You’ll notice that family types is not part of the Statement of Beliefs.
Unless it explicitly violates the statement of beliefs above, you should be fine.
Trinity HealthShare also does not decline people due to health.
This is a huge difference with some of the other health sharing companies.
We’re happy to walk through any questions and you can check the eligibility through the application here:
Can Different Faiths Enroll In Trinity HealthShare?
As should be!
This is one reason we really like Trinity HealthShare for the health sharing through Trinity Healthshare.
It’s un-American to exclude people because they have a different belief system.
Whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or non-denominational, there’s just a statement of belief that’s required with Trinity HealthShare. health plans.
Technically, you don’t need a specific faith to qualify.
This is the most flexible eligibility on the market.
Can Domestic Partners Enroll In Trinity HealthShare?
It’s not barred in the Statement of Beliefs above.
Can Same Sex Partners Enroll In Trinity HealthShare?
It’s not barred in the Statement of Beliefs.
Same sex partners can enroll.
Review Of Trinity HealthShare For Closest Thing To Non-Religious Health Sharing Plans
So, Trinity HealthShare is the most flexible of the health sharing plans when it comes to religiosity.
They just have Trinity Healthshare’s Statement of Beliefs.
As long as you accept that Statement, we’re good to enroll.
- It is not tied a specific religious belief or denomination.
- It basically states that a person can practice their belief in their own way.
I think we can all agree to that!
Make sure to read our Trinity HealthShare review for more information on how it works, who it works best for, and important understanding of the trade-offs versus traditional insurance.
We have an entire article on Obamacare health insurance versus health sharing.
Trinity HealthShare is NOT insurance.
Find out more in article above.
Again, there is absolutely no cost to you for our services. Call 800-320-6269 Today!